zaterdag 25 oktober 2014

On running #2

I run to keep up with the myriad of thoughts. To lose the helplessness felt when a child needs reanimation. To feel comforted, replaying kind words in my head. I run to forget everything, because all that matters is my pace which needs to be higher. And my feet which need to move faster. I run to promise myself anything, if only I complete the next 100 metres.

I run to keep my distance, to keep my cool. To think less, to hear nothing but the sound of my own breathing, while all I really wanted was...

I run so I'm unable to complete any negative thought.

Watch me early mornings, late evenings, mid night even. I'm running like my life depends on it - because my life depends on it. I run to be the first, to exchange heartache for aching muscles, nausea and exhaustion. I run because it's sunny or because it has finally stopped raining. I run because walking does not make hail feel any better.


I run to keep at pace with my life. I run because I don't care who yells at me or whoever tries to make me feel insecure: I'm here for me.

I run to stay.


Are you having trouble staying motivated? Watch this.
For what is each day but a series of conflicts between the right way and the easy way...

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Mooi, en herkenbaar.
    Vooral de laatste zin <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Tof! En: "I run because walking does not make hail feel any better.", is dat zo? Ik heb wel eens in de sneeuw gelopen, maar volgens mij geen hagel. Ik zou bijna weer gaan lopen, jammer dat het niet echt kan. Wel een beetje, misschien.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen